👍 Watch what to do if your computer or laptop gets too slow, and how to reduce disk usage in Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista. After buying a new laptop or a PC with the latest version of Windows as a pre-installed operating system, or after reinstalling/updating their operating system, users often face the problem of 100% disk usage.
Read: What to Do When Your Hard Disk (HDD) Gets Slow? –
This problem has a serious effect on performance of your computer, it wears out your HDD or SSD faster, and makes your work with the system less comfortable.
This problem can also emerge for a number of other reasons:
01. There is too little free space in your system drive. Make sure your drive C has enough free space. If you do have this problem, watch other videos in our channel where we deal with this topic in detail. You will find the link in the description –
02. This problem can also come from activities of malware working in the background mode and eating up your computer’s system resources. We discussed this topic in detail in our previous videos. You will find the link in the description –
03. Your hard disk may have logical errors. Watch our previous videos to learn how to fix them. You will find the link in the description –
If dealing with these problems has not helped you, we can share several other methods of tackling them.
So how can you reduce excessive disk usage?
Enter “services” in the search field.
Find Windows Search and change its startup type to “Disabled.”
As a result, content indexing, property caching and search result caching for files, emails and other content will be disabled, and it will reduce disk usage.
Start Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and choose the tab “Startup” to see what applications start with the system. If there are any programs you don’t use but they put pressure on your system, you can disable them by right-clicking on the application name and selecting the option “Disable.”
In the tab “Processes” you can also see the list of tasks currently using your computer – and the hard disk too. It may be an antivirus running in the background mode and so on. If there are such processes, right-click on them and select “End Task.”
1. When installing or deleting updates, programs or drivers, system restore points can be created automatically. It can slow down your computer. Watch our previous videos to learn how to enable or disable this process. You will find the link in the description –
2. Disable “File History” (if this function loads your system too much), or assign a separate physical disk for this process. Watch our previous videos to learn how to enable or disable File History. You will find the link in the description –
3. Disable automatic defragmentation. Don’t forget to run defragmentation regularly, but it’s worth disabling its automatic mode. You can watch our previous videos to see how to do it. You will find the link in the description.
4. Automatic updating of Windows, Office and other software can also increase disk usage. Most programs do it in the background mode. Have a look in the Processes tab of the Task Manager to find such programs. In the previous step, I showed it with the example of CCleaner, and you can find more information in our previous videos. You will find the link in the description –
5. Another reason why your disk becomes so slow is that it can be used within your network. For example, some of your office staff may use shared folders on your hard disk for work. Try to have a separate physical disk, or even use a file server for such purposes.
6. If you are using cloud storage services by Dropbox, Google, Yandex and so on, it would be better to have a separate physical disk, better an SSD, for storing and synchronizing data.
7. Generally, comfortable speed of the system can often be achieved after installing an SSD to use as a system drive. It will considerably speed up your PC at a minimal cost.
Thanks for watching. If you liked this video, click the Like button below, subscribe to our channel to see more and share useful videos with friends. If you have any questions or ideas, leave a comment – we will answer everyone.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://dantrionline.com.vn/giai-tri/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Tuyển tập những câu đố mẹo ngắn cực hack não
- TRẺ TINH NGHỊCH NHƯNG GIÀ TINH RANH | TIKTOK VIRAL | NS HỮU THẠCH, HUỲNH LẬP, PHƯƠNG LAN
- ƠN GIỜI CẬU ĐÂY RỒI MÙA 5 | TẬP 7 – LÊ DƯƠNG BẢO LÂM "SÁT HẠI" HOÀI LINH, TRẤN THÀNH, XUÂN BẮC
- NGÔI SAO TÌNH YÊU | Xin lỗi, em không thích chàng trai có hình xăm | NSTY #21 FULL | 18/4/2019
- Jun Phạm – Chàng trai có nụ cười tỏa nắng của điện ảnh Việt – Tin Tức VTV24