Write protection being difficult is one of the more frustrating issues to deal with when you’re trying to leave the office for the day. Not being able to move your files over onto a USB stick or drive is the last thing you want to deal with. And you’re 100% certain you’ve got the ‘lock’ switch in the correct position on the stick, yes?
But just in case this switch is news to you, it is well worth checking that your device has the switch set to ‘unlocked’. When set to ‘locked’ you won’t be able to copy any new files on to the memory card or USB stick, and it also stops you from accidentally formatting it. We’ve all locked our USB without noticing it, don’t worry.
You’ll still be able to view files which are already stored on the drive, but you can’t delete them (they sometimes seem to delete OK, but the next time you check, there they are again!).
But if this isn’t the problem, you might still be able to fix things and continue to use your USB flash drive or SD card – I’ll show how.
Unfortunately, in some cases, the device may be corrupt or physically broken and no tricks or software will make it work again. The only solution, in this case, is to buy a new drive.
HERE’S HOW TO REMOVE WRITE PROTECTION USING CMD:
1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator
2. First, type this command: diskpart and press ENTER
3. Next, type the following: list disk and again hit ENTER
4. Now select the disk that is write-protected and then use this command: select disk 2 (can be any other number) and then tap ENTER
5. Finally, put in this command that will remove the write protection from your selected drive: attributes disk clear readonly and press ENTER
6. Exit Diskpart utility and close Command Prompt and now you can try to format that drive that was write-protected – it should be unlocked now!
HERE’S HOW TO REMOVE WRITE PROTECTION USING REGEDIT:
1. Run the REGEDIT
2. Browse the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlStorageDevicePolicies
3. Double-click the WriteProtect key located in the right side panel and set the value to 0.
4. Now, restart your PC and replug your device.
Hope you liked my video. In case you chase any problems or have some IT related questions then please let me know in the comments or inform me via my emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed my video then please LIKE and SHARE my video with others and also don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for more clever IT and technology tutorials!!!! Cheers 😉
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://dantrionline.com.vn/cong-nghe/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Tìm hiểu cổng HDMI ARC là gì và những ưu điểm vượt trội
- Góc chia sẻ: Cách đấu loa song song và nối tiếp chi tiết nhất
- Sửa lỗi a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing hiệu quả
- Cục phát wifi là gì? Cách cài đặt wifi tenda n300 như thế nào?
- Sửa lỗi the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b win 8 nhanh