✔️ LEARN 20 WORDS
✔️ LEARN 20 WORDS
What does Abstain mean? Learn the meaning of Abstain as we define this advanced vocabulary word with a simple definition, pictures, example sentences, English pronunciation and audio.
Abstain definition (verb) restrain oneself from doing or enjoying something
Abstain pronunciation: ab-steyn
Examples of Abstain in a sentence:
1. Because of my health, I am going to abstain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
2. Janet will abstain from smoking while she is pregnant.
3. If you want to lose weight, you should abstain from large amounts of junk food.
4. I will give my wife one hundred dollars if she can abstain from using profanity for a week.
5. Because I cannot abstain from eating meat, I would not make a good vegetarian.
Abstain synonyms and other related words for Abstain
forbear, refrain, avoid, shun, eschew, refuse, decline, evade, forgo, desist, give up, abnegate, renounce, withhold, abjure, fast, keep, cease, avert, constrain, curb, escape, hold off, reject, spurn, stop, waive, miss, circumvent, deny
Dictionary Definition & Sentences Page
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER + VISIT OUR VOCABULARY RESOURCE LEARNING WEBSITES (Bookmark ’em!) 👇
► – a memorable name that’ll redirect you to our word of the day vocabulary videos.
► – our sentence dictionary Website, where we define words with sentences
► – a-z vocabulary word list with sentences
► – Twitter account for my vocabularic tweets
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Oripan Gold Soap – Bánh rửa mặt trị mụn số 1 Hàn Quốc – Hotline: 19002236
- TOP 5 SẢN PHẨM TRỊ MỤN LƯNG HIỆU QUẢ | BODY CARE ROUTINE | LÂM À
- Hướng dẫn kẻ mắt cho người mới bắt đầu – EYELINER TUTORIAL FOR BEGINNERS |Ty Lê|
- Điều Chị Em Cần Nhớ Khi Uống Thuốc Tránh Thai Để Trị Mụn Trứng Cá
- Góc chia sẻ: 4 Cách gỡ bỏ tận gốc autocad một cách triệt để