Epley Maneuver: Performed on a Real Patient suffering from Vertigo

Famous Physical Therapists Bob Schrupp and Brad Heineck bring in a patient who is suffering from Vertigo and perform the Epley Maneuver on her. The results are surprising.

ALERT: Bob and Brad’s new invention the BOOYAH Stik is available on Amazon:

Check out the Products Bob and Brad LOVE on their Amazon Preferred Page

Make sure to like Bob and Brad on Facebook

Check us out on Instagram

Our Website:

Our book “Three Simple Steps To Treat Back Pain” is available on Kindle:

Brad’s Book “Martial Arts Manual: For Stretching, Strengthening, Prevention, and Treatment of Common Injuries” is also available on Kindle:

WANT TO HELP TRANSLATE OUR VIDEOS? We would so love the help.

We are a participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Comments

• Wow! I wish I had seen this before I went to ER! $1800 for them to tell me I had BPPV and they did not even do this maneuver or any other! Just wrote Rx.

Sara Loggins May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Obviously you fellas are not waiting long enough in each position. 30 seconds AFTER ALL SYMPTOMS HAVE STOPPED. You didn't do that.

Coleman Adamson May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Can BPPV have associated tinnitus? I get dizzy when I lay on my left side alot, but my left side only, could this be menieres?

Rooey101 Donovan May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • WHY NO INTRO JINGLE?!

Brian Neubert May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • So, I thought this would be such a terrific neck-snap you see now and then, I'm happy that is not the case, this looks waay less invasive.

Peter Arisz May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • I did not appreciate your initial humor. Ive been very sick with BPPV and took a bad fall. The one genteman did not give the complete initials explanation and confused which way to turn first.

Charlene Kelley May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • I think this is really supposed to be done with the experts specially if you aren't real sure if its BPPV. I suffered one morning the spinning with my eyes and it gave me so much anxiety. I searched the net fast about it and it says its vertigo and i bumped with this videos showing maneuvers so i tried it and with just one movement when i tried to position my head on my right side the spinning came and it was hell scary that i have to stop. I REALLY CANT DO IT so i look for some other reasons why i am having this vertigo and turns out i'll be having my period within the week and it's really anemia (iron deficiency) that causes my dizziness (anemia) so i got iron tablets and anti vertigo betahismine and it went away for just a day no more spinning. Btw im 24 years old and having real trouble with PMS, just sharing this because this might be so dangerous doing it yourself not knowing the real reason of your vertigo.

CHELSEA'S CORNER May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • After you emphasize not to look down, perhaps you should pick up their purse from the chair or floor for them…. or hand their glasses to them at eye level instead of hip level.

Kim N May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • i got it 24 years. till they found out it bppv 2 years ago

remco19 May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Wow, the first time was forgivable. It's Paroxysmal!
    Not Paroxymal.
    U can't even say it properly, are you sure you know what you're saying..

1 1 May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • If you repeat “Do not look down” 10x, it’s programming a person to look down. The subconscious mind doesn’t know the word “not, dont, never”… It’s like planting seeds and saying “don’t grow, won’t grow, never grow”. It’ll grow. Humans are this way.

K May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • This really worked for me. My vertigo was identical to your client. Thank you.

roxyavalon1 May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Man I wish you would zoom in on her eyes moving. But thanks for this!!!!!!!

Karen Lamb May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • As someone who deals with vertigo, watching this makes me nauseous. It's the worst thing ever to do this Epley Maneuver, but truly the only way to make it go away.

Jared Abrams May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Bob and Brad, thank you for showing this. I just watched at least ten differant videos on this, and noticed each one had some variation to the eply movements.what to do? which one is the best? some say tilt your head at a 45 degree angle, then 90 degree, then laydown, others say something differant!

Aneta Johnson May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Having spent a couple years with this. I had this done and it really works. Years i have been without vertigo and now it’s back. Ugggg thank you for the video! Going to try it myself

Lisa Riberal May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • I suffer from vertigo and self administer this maneuver at home when I need to. It helps! Really! Sometimes, I have to do it two to three times, each time is better than the last.

M Champ May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • She does not look like she has vertigo. I have had it three times and it is awful. I could NOT be sitting there smiling

Debra Gertz May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • My BPPV was triggered by rolling out of bed too quickly. I felt immediate dizziness, lost balance. Seemed to cause me to lean to the left and to need to hold on to furniture to walk across my living room. I followed the steps in this video, checked both sides and found my problem to be on the left. Completed the maneuver and used a towel (wrapped with duct tape) around my neck, to avoid looking down. I wore the towel until bedtime – about 11 hours – slept on my back with a stack of pillows under my head for a couple hours, then had to eliminate the stack and roll on my side. Slept well and awoke with no symptoms.

Jack Bottorff May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Bos yere doktorlara paranızı vermeyin bu bir hastalık diyil.bende de vertigo var bir araba parası verdim belkide.ama ilacla bunun kesinlikle tedavisi yok.bu insanda bir kulagında oluyor yalnız.en zoru hangi kulagında oldugunu bulmakdı.bulmak icinde vertigo atakı geldiyinde sadece kendinizi toparlayın ve yataga ilk sol tarafınıza uzanınız ve baş dönmesi yoksa hemen kalkın ve sag tarafınıza uzanınız.iki tarafdan yalnız birinde bas donmesi oluyor.hangi tarafda oldugunu buldukdan sonra.o tarafa dogru 30_40 saniye uzanın ve bas dönmesinin hemek kecdiyini göreceksiniz.sonra ise hic kalkmadan.360°yerimizde dönüyoruz 3 defa ama cok yavas 1 dönüs 1.5 dakika olsun sabırla. Arkadaşlar birde Kesinlikle ama kesinlikle o taraf üste hic bir zaman yatmayınız.o tarafa dogru yatdıgınızda kiristal yeniden yerinden oynuyor.

timur timur May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Do you know if it can be performed alone?

Hun3Leia May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Will I have the same problem day and night does not go away I have been to doctors with it 👎

Donnie Roberts May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Should have shown the nystagmus!

palimdragonmaster3k May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Nice! When I turned my head to the right my eyes went twitching like crazy! Then it finally stopped after 10 seconds or so.

Jorge Jimenez May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Hi all .just been told I have BPPV I have had this for months now and had to pay for a consultant To tell me this …he has done this movement one time on me but not worked …can it take a few times to work I am under ENT but said nothing about BPPV had all the test ie..MRi scan and it was clear ….yes good news but what about the vertigo ….has any one else had BPPV this long ….Thank you All

Richard Twidale-Smth May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Hi can someone add korean subtitle

Happy Chihua May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • How is Julie doing now? Did the vertigo ever return?

Joe Cannon May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Great video. Are you guys familiar with the Brandt-Daroff maneuver?

Roger Williams May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • camera guy sucks

Ketokonstructed May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • 4:34 looks down…

Goulash Balderrama May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • This WORKS! my hubby got vertigo and tinnitus after dentist visit.
    His MD , just happened to know this technique. Did it and wuth in a day he was cured.
    I had been suffering with both also, so long as I didn’t eat dairy, I didn’t have vertigo or tinnitus.
    So for 25 years, I ate zero dairy, Sometimes I got some by accident and wouldn’t know it to.
    Symptoms started. Ugh. Anyway, my hubby did the technique on ME!
    Low and freaking behold it worked for me too.
    Not only did the vertigo and tinnitus go away COMPLETELY, I was then able to eat dairy again.
    Not just a little bit either. AS MUCH AS I WANTED! Dairy creates mucus, which affects the inner ear. But once they got the little crystal reattached it inner ear, the excess fluids from dairy no longer dislodged the crystals. So I could eat it! I can’t even tell u how much I missed CHEESE, yogurt, sour cream , pizza WITH cheese in stead of with out. Ice cream. Dairy is in everything. Whey casein proprianate all dairy source. They affected me too!
    This changed my life.
    Once in a while I Feel it coming back, now I can do this technique myself.

sharon bradshaw May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply
  • Thank you very much, for your informative video
    I was suffering BPPV since 10 days and tried medicine with local physiotherapist exercise but finally tried your therapy and got 100% result 👌

Taurus Zodiac May 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply