Data Recovery on a Formatted Drive with TestDisk by Britec

Data Recovery on a Formatted Drive with TestDisk

TestDisk & PhotoRec Download:

TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.

TestDisk can

* Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
* Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
* Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
* Fix FAT tables
* Rebuild NTFS boot sector
* Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
* Fix MFT using MFT mirror
* Locate ext2/ext3 Backup SuperBlock
* Undelete files from FAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
* Copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3 partitions.

TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.
Operating systems

TestDisk can run under

* DOS (either real or in a Windows 9x DOS-box),
* Windows (NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7),
* Linux,
* FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
* SunOS and
* MacOS X

Source files and precompiled binary executables are available for DOS, Win32, MacOSX and Linux from the download page
Filesystems

TestDisk can find lost partitions for all of these file systems:

* BeFS ( BeOS )
* BSD disklabel ( FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD )
* CramFS, Compressed File System
* DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
* Windows exFAT
* HFS, HFS+ and HFSX, Hierarchical File System
* JFS, IBM’s Journaled File System
* Linux ext2 and ext3
* Linux LUKS encrypted partition
* Linux RAID md 0.9/1.0/1.1/1.2
o RAID 1: mirroring
o RAID 4: striped array with parity device
o RAID 5: striped array with distributed parity information
o RAID 6: striped array with distributed dual redundancy information
* Linux Swap (versions 1 and 2)
* LVM and LVM2, Linux Logical Volume Manager
* Mac partition map
* Novell Storage Services NSS
* NTFS ( Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 )
* ReiserFS 3.5, 3.6 and 4
* Sun Solaris i386 disklabel
* Unix File System UFS and UFS2 (Sun/BSD/…)
* XFS, SGI’s Journaled File System
——————————-
why not join our tech forum

Comments

• Can I copy the recovered data again to the formatted disk??
    It's somehow looks like a zip file or something and even after extraction it's showing a file icon and nothing else…
    What should I do now??

Manish Singh Chauhan April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hi, I tried stellar data recovery free edition and Recuva to recover data from formatted pen drive. I retrieved data efficiently. In my case, these utilities worked.

Adam B Tolbert April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • I just commented on another video of yours how you were a life save saver then i deleted a 5 terabyte hd full of movies..so im watching you again. THANK YOU!!!!

Joe Armstrong April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • What if you don't give a crap about the data and just want a fresh drive.

C4Platinum April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Can this recover file from a shared server folder?

Freda Yeoh April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • I have already recoverd all my drive thanks <3
    but I face now another problem

all files changed into zip

There are many folder that contain many files..

I don't have time to extract every individual file

is is there any method to extract whole recovery with one click …

Amr Gamal April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hello Sir

I have a mobile wd ultra hdd(my passport) i tried to resized it with easeus partiton manager, hit apply and it

run and the hdd went to raw

i tried many softwares to recover the data but still no luck ,i can see the data on the drive that i try to recover
    from one software i just see the folders but no files with testdisk all data copied to destination

but i can't see nothing no folders nor files

can you help me with that problem

Thanks

shai shirom April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hey everyone, I know this video was posted years ago but I need help.
    I did everything the man said to get back all the things on my hard drive, I've got load of stuff, music, movies, and photos included. And the thing worrying me is that the completion time is at 775 hours and the Numbers are going bigger and bigger.
    So should I stop everything and ask a Professional to do it for me, or should I wait ? I'm doing this on my laptop, Don't want to break it or anything.

Charlotte Rentz April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • LOVE YOU BHAI RULA DIYA TUNE

Abdul Qadeer April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • sir i have formatted my disk partition and also overwritten that partition. sir i had such a important document in that, can i recover the partition, sir please reply me and suggest me something through which i could recover it.

Computer Light April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Can this recover from DVD+Rs?

PsychKyle April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • The name is all same

MadDox April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • that was great if possible please add a video of corrupted ssd drive or the drives which are not showing anything or not able to install windows in it

amir jaffri April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • thanks brother, it works…..

Saddam Hossen April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Its´s worked !! I recovored 230GB for a external disk… THANKS

Jose Burrica April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Teskdisk How to work in android??

Ginni Bilkhu Last Bencher April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • po recupera ni madres solo repite los archivos

torke10 April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • I'm such an idiot, all i wanted was to create a Windows 10 bootable flash drive and i could not find a spare USB, i ended up wiping everything off of my external drive.

PHILMKD1995 April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • how long normally would take a 450gb file lost if i used that???

Yo Cho April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hey!Does it work also to recover iTunes backup?

bayram eyleyen April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • My files all came back . But they are txt file and one or two config files and a few ping files. For some reason it's all separate and not like yours. I know what was on it and it was pic and rar files. Spent hours and ended up with 3 gig of txt files. Anyone know why

paul s April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Only phots will be recovered else every media?

Abdul Mushtaq Ahmed Mohammed April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Plz help me any one I have a lost govment of india under nrc project very sensitiv data lost how to recover

Green Assam April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • So I am in the middle of recovery and I dont have time to finish. Can I stop and start it over when I get home?

Chris April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Does this work with ps4?

Leone April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Testdisk is abig program with 5 minute programming its a big succesful mate
    And it will even if you restore your windows using restore option and i recover gta v thats 70gb its a big file but do not uninstal this program bicause it will remove all recovered files

DJ PATLICAN April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • nice video. i have a problem. i encoded my sd card on my samsung s7, then i destroyed my s7 and bought a samsung s8 but i am not able to encrypt it back. can someone help? thank you guys

arlind balaj April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • My disk goes from like 01% and then jumps to 364801/364800: 99%… what do I do? I'm unable to proceed. It even disappears and I have to restart my computer if I X out of the program.

Isaac March April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Thanks a lot for this, it restored some hope in me

KillerTacos April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Actually I formated all my 4 drive including my recovery paration drive and I install new windows 7 OS and make at as 1 drive. It will work on that situation this test drive?????

Navaneetha Krishnan April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • This software does not work if you try to recover the data from a usb mounted micro SD card. The software could not detect the USB micro SD card mounted device.

angelofmusic477 April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Thanks for the video and advice, it was very helpful!

Jason Catlyn April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • This guy saved my life!

Kaleem Chaudhry April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Does the "whole" thing cost money or is it completely free?

Suyogya Luitel April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Tnx!!

Damir April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • thanks man , but its photorec not testdisk.

Ahmad Khuffash April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Misleading title.

Roberto Martins April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • I've memory cards 32GB corrupted or UNALLOCATED or Raw any advice to Repair them

Talibbzr April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • OMG thank you so much you're an angel ugh I finally got my pictures back😭

Jazmin Fouladi April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • you are the MAN mate . big thanks

Silence Em April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • cheers mate..full panic when thousands of photos disappeared

Midnight Rambler April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • So I have been searching the internet for 2 years trying to find an answer to my question regarding recovering lost pictures. I have a 2TB Western Digital My Passport that had gotten formatted by accident by my room mate. Though i had filled up 1.2TB on the passport most was music with movies but what I would love to recover all my family photos. So my question is…" Is there a way or a software that will allow me to scan the drive by using file/folder names instead of it scanning the entire thing for 48+ hours which always gets turned off long before it finishes"?

criscaceres April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Test disk is a load of crap use Aomei Partition Assistant, clone harddrive or partition to new harddrive or partition it will recover your data and may make your faulty harddrive usable again. Just to point out do not use the faulty harddrive as there is a chance of data corruption, these things are mechanical and often lead to wear and tear, i have recovered 295GB of DATA using Aomei Partition Assistant, took 2 days to recover. Have now destroyed the faulty laptop harddrive…

Channel Max UK April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU saved my ass today .

Raise Your Spirit April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • In fact, there is a simpler method, which is to download Bitwar Data Recovery, which can be recovered in three simple steps

何阳阳 April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • what if i stop recovering and shut the pc can i resume the recovery after that?

Mister Stress April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • I'm sorry but this didn't help me

Yord April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hello, I hv lost all my video and photos when I m installing windows 7 on my pc…i click delete button when partition shown on the time of reinstalling windows 7….is this method recover my all photos and videos? Plz help….my f drive has no data yet..all photos and videos are deleted..

Kajal Saini April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • Hi techs. The new macbook air with m2 sata drives. When I boot from Linux like Parted magic I cannot see the partition. It is unallocated space even that it's not. I can't read the partition and recover the data. I've tested it on a working ssd. Seems to encrypted
    Any suggestions? Anyone know why?

Computers repair Cote Saint-Luc April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply
  • YOU ARE A COMPUTER GENIUS MAN… !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank you very much. I could save all my 15 years work data. I will transfer in PAYPALL to you. Anything you need in Mexico I will help you anytime you need. Your friend JCC

Juan Carlos Cesar Cano April 20, 2020 2:57 pm Reply