Alienware 17R5 Command Center Overclocking (Windows 10) – Tech Talk

Umar walks through the Alienware 17r5’s Alienware Command Center features, overclocking, and benchmarking.

Live Performance on the Alienware 17r5 PC gaming laptop:

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-8950HK
32GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x16GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 OC with 8GB GDDR5X

The Official Alienware Discord:
Alienware Services YouTube:
Alienware Arena:

Comments

• How do I use my camera

Vandual Gaming April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • I have an Alienware 17 R5 from 2018, July of 2018, Specs are a GTX 1070 8GB vram, 16GB DDR4 ram, 2.20ghz i7 8750H….. I believe my system is stuck on an overclocked CPU/GPU, the temps stay around 60 degrees celsius but sometimes go up to 71-73 degrees Celsius, under heavy load, now i don't think this is TOO bad but i believe it could be cuz of this overclock, however, in the alienware command center, i don't have an option to turn it off and the profile says "Overclock: N/A" not "off" or whatever……how can I fix/resolve this? I was experiencing some issues that made me think my GPU was failing, but after more tests, i'm beginning to believe it's software related. (I was able to play a game – Deus Ex mankind dvidied, without any crashes, or graphical glitches) I'm also not getting BSoD's………any help is appreciated with turning off this overclock……

Smokey Devil April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • help tell me for adapter 330w with dell alienware 17 r5 core i9 gtx 1080

phoeun jhormnarn April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • I got my 15 R4 4 months ago. After I reinstall Window 10, AWC got a problem that make the OC status become " N/A ". The bios interface looks differently ( DOS interface ). How could I fix it please ?

Long Thành Nguyễn April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Does the graphic amplifier supports the new AMD graphics cards???

Mr666 April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Alienware is awesome !!

Daydreamer April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • I have alienware m15 w rtx 2060 when i open comand center and look at overcloacking it says N/A qnybody knows what is happening please tell me if you know what happend

Riki Fukui April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Any tips on what to test with

Jason D April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • I just got the thermaltake massive 20 rgb cooling pad for my 17r5. Gonna test temps with and without. And then going to replace the thermal paste and test again

Jason D April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Hi Umar, I'm a new Alienware owner. I got the Alienware 15 R4 with a GTX 1060. For some reason I can't see the OC controls. Is this a common problem?

xMaNrEbOrN78 April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Is it sad that I totally clicked on his alienware command center while watching this? I was multitasking and tried to go back to the main menu on the command center… then realized hey… I'm watching a youtube video…. DURP:)

Matt Greffen April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • I have the m15 and the 17 r4 (both with gtx 1070 max q and 1070 oc) but the fan is VERY loud. I need help as the m15 boosts all the way to 4.1Ghz even on idle out of the box.

michael vaynard April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • My alienware m17 r5 2018 overclock is off, how to turn it on ?

KingJ Gaming April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • So I don't have a Profile tab in my Alienware Command Center Fusion? What am I doing wrong here?

Travel Gamer April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • you talk a lot

ZiAd HaMMaDa April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Awesome videos man. Gonna follow you from now on. One thing when you benched your undervolted benchmark run you set your fan speeds to balanced . When you benched your overclock 1 you set your fans to performance. So you actually would have even gotten a possibly higher score with your undervolted benchmark with the fans set to performance like you did with your overclock 1 test run.

jtravapd April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • i have an r4 i9-8950 with MaxQ GTX 1080 8 GB…. what score should i be getting?

Michael Ryan April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • hi I have the Alienware 17 r5 i7, but I don't have the option for overclocking in Command Center. Just the thermal profiles. don't have the overclocking profiles, can you help me with this?

Patrick Mercado April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • that's weird I just bought the Alienware 17 r5 and I cant undervolt it from the command center

Joe Medina April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • hey guy i have a alienware 17 r5 like the video but i dont have the little section were i can see created overclocking profiles or make profiles can someone help me

Musiz April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • what a pity we cant use this one with the 15-r4…

Thanasis St. April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply
  • Sacrifice is one of my favs

Dan April 27, 2020 1:08 pm Reply